Saturday 23 February 2013

Changes to my front cover

I have made a few changes to my front cover based on the feedback i received from my peers and teachers. 
I have removed the 'In this Issue' and 'Win tickets to see Three Blind Mice' from the cover as feedback told me they didn't fit with the style of magazine i am going for. 
I think the decision to remove them is the right one, due to the fact 'In this issue' is stating the obvious, as if bands are written on the front cover it is clear they will be inside the magazine. Also, i don't feel i have to entice the reader into buying the magazine with 'free' things or competitions, as i have set it up so the cover star - Hazel Grace - will make people want to read it as she is well known and a respected artist people would want to read about. 
I have chosen to stick with the simple layout i originally decided on as it links to the high-end, more professional market i am pitching the magazine at, as well as the price of it and the audience. Even though the design is somewhat unconventional due to the small amounts of text, it still adheres to the rule of thirds and is eye-catching. I have made the bar code smaller and less obvious too, as i was told it was too distracting and took the focus away from the image of my model. 
I need to cut out the image of Hazel Grace again as her hair was too jagged and it wasn't professional enough, but i will place it in the same position so it overlaps the title 'State'

No comments:

Post a Comment